Children are evaluated on the basis of readiness for school and potential for success in a Montessori classroom. It is equally important to determine whether the parent’s educational philosophy is compatible with that of Montessori School at Old Field. We welcome all qualified individuals regardless of gender, race, color, creed, disability, national or ethnic origin.
The admissions process consists of:
- Tour: tours are scheduled any day of the week. Please contact the school office to schedule a tour. Your child does not have to be present for the initial tour. *Please note: Photo identification will be required for all visitors to the school.
- Application Form: please complete the application form which you will receive during your tour. Please return to Montessori School at Old Field, Inc. 1 Dyke Road, Setauket, NY 11733. A non-refundable fee of $75 must accompany the application form.
- Visit & Interview: after submitting the application, it is necessary to schedule a visit and interview for your child. This is scheduled through the school office.
- Records: we require the most recent progress report cards, achievement scores, and immunization records.
- Teacher Recommendation Letter: a recommendation letter is required from the teacher of your child's present school. This letter is especially important for admissions to the elementary program.
- Admission Decision: the Administrator reviews each prospective student's application. Admission decisions are immediately given after compliance with all requirements have been submitted to the school office.
school tour & Questions
We encourage parents/guardians to visit the school. When you visit you will tour the facility and observe children in their daily learning activities in the classrooms. We will be happy to answer any questions you have about Montessori School at Old Field and our admissions process.
For questions regarding tuition and fees, please contact the school office at 631-675-6757.